Please help me in protecting some areas of my website?
I want to make a few areas on my site available only for registered and not-expired customers.
The protection should exactly be like this:-
1. let there be 3 products which can be purchased by customers:-
2. And two folders on my site which will be accessible as given below:
- downloads1 - Accessible to product1and product3
- downloads2 - Accessible to product2and product3
I am considering the following protection methods:-
- Mod_Rewrite + php_include
(Since I want to protect non- PHP files - I am not considering php_include protection).
Now my question:-
1. There are prerequisite for using these methods:- mod_rewrite has to be available from .htaccess files and the server should support mod_rewrite . What do these things mean. Please explain in detail.
2. Which protection method would best suit my requirement? From the security point of view which one is best. Else suggest me some other methods.
3. Give me some good links to tutorials on using these protection methods.