Topic: Hi and thanks - help with mail

Simple setup - I have setup a single email user in the panel and I want any email sent there forwarded to my personal account.  But when I try to put in a forward to my personal account, it says it failed to set it up.

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Hi and thanks - help with mail

OK, my own mistake.  Being new to this, I didn't realize that I had to actually own the domain name that I was applying for.

So, fixed that.

Next question:

Now I have a valid domain set up thanks to tuxfamily.  So, I want to have any and all email sent to my sole user lxman forwarded to my personal account.  Is it necessary to set up a popbox in order to accomplish this?

Hi,

lxman wrote:

Now I have a valid domain set up thanks to tuxfamily.  So, I want to have any and all email sent to my sole user lxman forwarded to my personal account.  Is it necessary to set up a popbox in order to accomplish this?

Due to the heavy spam-ratio of catchall (almost 1.0 if not exactly 1.0) you can only set a catchall to a local popbox, so that we are not forwarding thousands of spams through catchalls.

Catchalls are today a very bad idea and should be avoided.

You don't need to setup a popbox for a simple mail forwarding, anyway, you can't do that ;-)

Sylvain

Okay, I understand your reasons for that.  So I have set up a simple forward for lxman to my personal email.  But it doesn't appear to be working.  The email Isend is sent successfully.  I don't get any notification about a failure.  But I never receive anything in my personal account.  The personal account works fine.  I've used it for years.

Any suggestions on where to proceed from here?

Michael