Topic: [OK] Installing FlySpray

Hi.

As you recommended, I have tried to install FlySpray. I have already requested a new DB, but have also seen that there are problems in the pre-installation checks, as the following:

Directory and File Permissions:
../cache      Un-writeable      
../attachments     Un-writeable     

What can I do about that?

And - off topic - Do we have PHP 5 or PHP 4? ..and can we change it?

Thanks!

Peleg.

Re: [OK] Installing FlySpray

peleg wrote:

As you recommended, I have tried to install FlySpray. I have already requested a new DB, but have also seen that there are problems in the pre-installation checks, as the following:

Directory and File Permissions:

What can I do about that?

chmod 2775 cache attachments through ftp or ssh

About flyspray, you may be interested by this even if its in French: http://faq.tuxfamily.org/WebArea/Compat/Flyspray/Fr

peleg wrote:

And - off topic - Do we have PHP 5 or PHP 4? ..and can we change it?

This is explained in the FAQ here: http://faq.tuxfamily.org/WebArea/En#How_to_use_it

Sylvain

Thanks! :-)

Now it's in English, too... ;-)
http://faq.tuxfamily.org/WebArea/Compat/Flyspray/En

I couldn't install Mantis for some reason, so I decided to try FlySpray once more.

I still have two problems:
a. I couldn't find:

//if(substr(php_sapi_name(), 0, 3) == 'cgi' && ! ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo')) {
//
//    die("You are using cgi or fastcgi and you have not set cgi.fix_pathinfo=1 in php.ini.
//         Flyspray cannot work properly without cgi.fix_pathinfo enabled, please update your configuration");
//}

(as written in the wiki)
b. I have updated the lines of function get_tmp_dir() successfuly; I don't know if it made a change. Anyway, my pre-installation checks are still bad: I have this log in my FTP client:
Command:    chmod 2775 cache
Response:    200 Permissions changed on cache
Command:    chmod 2775 attachments
Response:    200 Permissions changed on attachments
but whenever I check the file attributes of these folders, I still see that they are in 765 ...
I also tried "chmod 775 cache", but same problem applies.
On the pre-installation checks I get:
As before.

The installation didn't work, but maybe even not because of that: because I wasn't sure, I have modified my password again (just in case!)
But still I keep getting:

# Connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
# Usually the database host name is "localhost". In some occassions, it maybe an internal ip-address or another host name to your webserver.
# Double check with your hosting provider or System Administrator.

Well...
Thanks ahead! :-)

Peleg.

peleg wrote:

a. I couldn't find:

//if(substr(php_sapi_name(), 0, 3) == 'cgi' && ! ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo')) {
//
//    die("You are using cgi or fastcgi and you have not set cgi.fix_pathinfo=1 in php.ini.
//         Flyspray cannot work properly without cgi.fix_pathinfo enabled, please update your configuration");
//}

you have to search for cgi.fix_pathinfo and comment out the statement it's in.  Flyspray 0.9.9.4 has a slightly different statement.

peleg wrote:

But still I keep getting:

# Connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
# Usually the database host name is "localhost". In some occassions, it maybe an internal ip-address or another host name to your webserver.
# Double check with your hosting provider or System Administrator.

I had the same issue; I think that in this case the database host name is 'sql'.

Cheers,
-Patrick

I updated the page on the FAQ. I used your flyspray installation to fix those issues, so your copy of flyspray should work ;)

Sylvain

gradator wrote:

I updated the page on the FAQ. I used your flyspray installation to fix those issues, so your copy of flyspray should work ;)

Indeed - works!

peleg wrote:

Indeed - works!

You're welcome :)